From the organizers:
USDA Farm Service Agency, in partnership with other USDA Agencies, the Alabama State Department of Agriculture and the Alabama Cooperative Extension System, will be offering a free intensive, one day outreach event in four locations across Alabama.
You only need to attend one of the events, as the information presented at each location will be the same.
Are you a new/beginning farmer or even a seasoned farmer that seems lost in the USDA process? Do you want to learn more about the eligibility requirements to participate in USDA programs? Are you unsure of all the agriculture resources that are available to you, including producer grant opportunities, financial/technical assistance and loans? If you answered yes, to any of these questions, then attending one of these workshops will help you understand all the above and provide much more. Farm Service Agency (FSA) and other USDA and government partners will be hosting a one-day workshop to explain the process of working with government agencies and answer any questions you may have.
Some of the items you can expect information on is as follows:
- FSA programs to include programs for disasters and fruit/vegetable/specialty/niche market producers, with a detailed overview of the Non-insured Disaster Assistance Program (NAP)
- NRCS cost share/financial assistance programs and technical assistance
- Industrial hemp production
- Rural Development – Value Added Producer Grants and Rural Energy for America Program Grants/Loans
- Risk Management Agency programs to include Whole Farm Revenue Protection Program and Livestock/Small Ruminant Insurance options
- And much more
The workshop is free and open to all producers or potential producers. To ensure we have a good head count for refreshments, please register with:
Cassondra Searight at 334-279-3502 or email [email protected]
Persons with disabilities who require accommodations to attend or participate in this workshop should contact:
Cassondra Searight at 334-279-3502, or email at [email protected]
or call Federal Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339, at least five days before the event you are registering for occurs.
This event is not hosted by ASAN. As one of ASAN’s roles is to share information and resources across our network so as to maximize all of our impact, we routinely post events that we ourselves are not hosting. If you have questions regarding this event, please contact event organizers rather than ASAN.