From the organizers:
BEYOND THE ELECTIONS & TOWARDS LIBERATION
We will not give in to fear. We will meet this moment with courage.
This Friday and Saturday, Southern organizers, community members, and frontline leaders will gather to determine the strategy for a coordinated People’s First 100 Days of 2021. No matter what happens, we will connect, coordinate, and grow our movement to build the world that works for all of us.
Join the SMA Friday, November 6th 6-8:30pm, for a Southern-style mass meeting to share updates and prepare for our next steps together.
- Healing space & reflections from the frontlines
- Sneak Peek of the State of the South report
- Preview of the People’s 100 Days action plan to prep for Saturday
We have shared our collective visions for 2021 over the last three months of assemblies, and we will spend Saturday, November 7th in work groups to plan for the first 100 days of the year.
Morning Session: 10am-12:30pm EST
We will break up into 4 work areas to develop clear plans for the People’s First 100 Days.
- Power of our People: Mutual Aid hubs & Neighborhood Committees
- Power of our Place: Divest-Invest Strategies for Community Control of Resources
- Power of our Action: Coordinated direct action in 2021
- Power of our Voice: Communications Infrastructure for Southern Movement
Afternoon Session: 3pm-5pm EST
Synthesis & Commitments to Action: We will synthesize and commit to a shared work plan to organize local power and coordinate regional movement force.
REGISTER TODAY: bit.ly/SMA9-Nov2020
Spanish & ASL interpretation will be provided
This event is not hosted by ASAN. As one of ASAN’s roles is to share information and resources across our network so as to maximize all of our impact, we routinely post events that we ourselves are not hosting. If you have questions regarding this event, please contact event organizers rather than ASAN.