From the organizers:
PeachDish will be hosting a FREE Food Safety Plan workshop. Lunch will be provided and food safety experts from both the Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association and The National Farmers Union will be leading the workshop. PEACHDISH IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGING ALL PRODUCERS TO HAVE , AT MINIMUM, A FOOD SAFETY PLAN.
After completing this workshop you will have:
- Started your food safety plan and gone through a majority of a GAP Audit checklist to have questions answered and gain a clearer understanding of what the audit is and is not asking for.
- Leave with templates of a majority of the records and written policies that the Harmonized GAP Audit asks for
- Leave with a template of an example food safety plan to use as a reference.
- Leave with templates of the required records for FSMA.
- A Dropbox folder emailed to you with all of the above and a packet of food safety signs.
We recognize how EXTREMELY BUSY June is for everyone, however many farmers may be applying for their food safety audits in the fall. In order to be prepared for an audit, it is recommended you have at least 3 months worth of records.
This workshop is generously supported by The Local Food Safety Collaborative, a collaboration between National Farmers Union Foundation and the Food and Drug Administration, The Georgia Small Farm Food Safety Campaign, and PeachDish.
A LAPTOP OR TABLET IS HIGHLY RECCOMENDED BUT NOT NECESSARY, PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE IN ACQUIRING ONE FOR THE WORKSHOP