- This event has passed.
Farming 101 (Baldwin Co)
March 23 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$10
Hosted by ACES:
The goal of this series is to help beginning or transitioning farmers make good decisions in agriculture. The farmers will choose which agriculture enterprise they are best suited and capable of developing. The classes will provide research-based information and other resources to help accomplish their goals.
Calendar of topics:
- 12/8 – Site Selections and Basic Soils – Farm Layout, Soil Management, Improvements, and Cover Crops
- 12/15 – Livestock Management – Small Scale Beef Production, Sheep and Goats, Poultry and Rabbits
- 1/12 – Farm Management – Land Value and Leasing, Taxes, Farm Financial Planning
- 1/26 – Fruit Production – Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries, Grapes, Citrus, Persimmons, Figs, Pomegranates
- 2/9 – Beekeeping
- 2/23 – Protected Production – Greenhouse, High Tunnels, and Hydroponics
- 3/9 – Vegetable Production
- 3/23 – Value Added Products – Baked Goods, Cottage Food Law, Jams/Jellies
- 4/6 – Certifications, Regulations, Resources, Restrictions – GAP/Produce Safety, Pesticide Licenses, Growers Permits, Organics
Cost of each session is $10.
For more information go to http://www.aces.edu/baldwin.
This event is not hosted by ASAN. As one of ASAN’s roles is to share information and resources across our network so as to maximize all of our impact, we routinely post events that we ourselves are not hosting. If you have questions regarding this event, please contact event organizers rather than ASAN.