From the organizers:
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System will conduct the Chilton Area Vegetable Production Meeting on Tuesday, March 20, at the Alabama Power Company Building, 2030 7th St. S (US Hwy 31 just north of I-65 Exit 205) in Clanton from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Speakers and topics to be covered include:
- Vegetable Weed Management Update – Dr. Steve Li, Extension Weed Scientist
- Succession Planting, Crop Rotation and Summer Cover Crops – Dr. Joe Kemble, Extension Veg. Specialist
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – How Does it Affect Me? – Kevin Burkett, REA
- Vegetable Production Resources for Growers – Gary Gray, REA
- Farmers Market Voucher Re-certification – Larry Ware, AL Department of Agriculture, Farmers Market Authority
This meeting is provided to help vegetable producers and anyone interested in growing vegetables commercially for market.
2018 Vegetable Production Handbooks and other resources will be available for commercial growers at this meeting.
Registration is free. Please call the Chilton County Extension Office at (205) 280-6268 to register.
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System (Alabama A&M University and Auburn University), is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Everyone is welcome!
This event is not hosted by ASAN. As one of ASAN’s roles is to share information and resources across our network so as to maximize all of our impact, we routinely post events that we ourselves are not hosting. If you have questions regarding this event, please contact event organizers rather than ASAN.