Community leaders of the Boykin, Alberta, and Gees Bend community to join Black Belt Citizens, River Region Food Policy Council, US Human Rights Network, and Project South for an assembly on clean water & working sanitation, environmental justice, community empowerment and human rights. This program is designed to compliment last year’s program, Building Bridges for Justice, Boykin. Lunch will be cooked and served from a local source provided by our own method of crowd-source funding. The program will continue after lunch with community tours of family farms.
- 9:45 AM meet at Gees Bend terminal, 10 AM start of assembly
- Featuring community lunch followed by community tour of farms
- Created by demand of Wilcox County residents with help by Boykin Improvement Association, Black Belt Citizens Fighting for Health & Justice, River Region Food Policy Council, US Human Rights Network, and Project South
- Boykin Peoples Movement Assembly location: Boykin Nutrition Center aka Community Ferry Terminal, CR 29 Boykin, Al
- Tour info: Farm tour at Robinson’s Farm, 553 Paradise Point Rd Boykin, Al 36723: Off CR 29 and others near area
This event is not hosted by ASAN. As one of ASAN’s roles is to share information and resources across our network so as to maximize all of our impact, we routinely post events that we ourselves are not hosting. If you have questions regarding this event, please contact event organizers rather than ASAN.