From the organizers:
Soil Health Academy Presents
Advanced Adaptive Grazing & Marketing
October 20-22, 2020
Bois d’Arc Farm
8661 Highway 183
Uniontown, Alabama 36786
Tuition: $1275, which includes lunch, classes and digital course materials
Scholarships are available for qualifying farmers and ranchers to attend!
Apply for a scholarship at:
Scholarships will be reviewed by the SHA board 45 days prior to the school.
Full Time College Students will receive $200 discount
With a paid registration at $1275, one immediate family member will receive a $200 discount
Who Should Attend?
Any grazer who wants to take their grazing to the next level. This course will examine beef, dairy, small ruminant, pastured pig, and pastured poultry grazing & foraging. Woodland grazing/foraging will also be featured. Hands-on experience will be heavily emphasized.
This is a power-packed three days that will change your perspective on what grazing should be and can be. Taught by highly experienced and expert grazers.
Participants will work in teams to solve real-world grazing problems and sharpen their skills.
What You Will Learn:
- Principles of Soil Health & Adaptive Stewardship
- Restoring Vibrant Ecosystems Through Adaptive Grazing
- Cover Cropping Strategies for Grazing
- Making Grazing Highly Profitable & Desirable
- Multi-species Grazing Strategies
- Successful Marketing: Strategies for Enhanced Net Margins
- Economics and Finances of Grazing: Using Decision Calculators Effectively
- How To Lay Out Practical and Flexible Grazing Plans
This event is not hosted by ASAN. As one of ASAN’s roles is to share information and resources across our network so as to maximize all of our impact, we routinely post events that we ourselves are not hosting. If you have questions regarding this event, please contact event organizers rather than ASAN.