From the organizers:
The annual Georgia Organics Conference & Expo is about fostering community – a community of farmers on the path toward prosperity, and a community of Georgians interested in supporting healthier foods, farms, and families. As we move our conference around the state, we help grow a united good food movement. We learn and share challenges and solutions, and we showcase and celebrate the transformational work of the people in our movement.
The 2020 conference is returning to Athens, Georgia. Conference will include farm tours and field trips that highlight growers, artisans, and local food champions, as well as in-depth workshops, educational sessions, and our famous Farmers Feast.
- Discounted Farmer Rate: (for Farm members in good standing only) – an All Conference Pass that includes a Farmers Feast ticket. Be on the lookout for more info and a discount code via email or call us at (678) 702-0400
- Black Grower Track: To address the numerous and diverse inequities Black farmers face across the South, Georgia Organics is hosting a two-day Black Farmer Prosperity Track. This track is curated by Black growers for Black growers with sessions that include:
- Sharing challenges and key resources to achieve success
- Authentically marketing Southern crops traditionally grown by farmers of African descent;
- Farmer cooperatives act as a tool to unite communities and access new markets.
This year, we’ll be adding some updates to our new conference mobile app. It’ll have all the details about conference, including maps, schedules, and tracks, but will also allow you to submit session reviews. You will be able to download the app in January 2020!
This event is not hosted by ASAN. As one of ASAN’s roles is to share information and resources across our network so as to maximize all of our impact, we routinely post events that we ourselves are not hosting. If you have questions regarding this event, please contact event organizers rather than ASAN.