From the organizers:
Registration opens June 2019
Minority Outreach Network National Conference
Virginia State University’s Small Farm Outreach Program in partnership with Minority Outreach Network and USDA will host the first National Conference for Outreach and Agriculture Development on September 10-11, 2019 at the Richmond Convention Center in Richmond, VA.
Outreach Professionals who lead or conduct activities to support farmers and agricultural production through non-governmental organizations (NGOs), grass roots organizations (GROs), schools, universities and state and federal organizations are encouraged to attend.
During this two-day conference, participants will learn ways to grow and strengthen their programs through educational sessions and panel discussions on the most important emerging issues for agriculture-related outreach, including:
Identifying Financial Resources & Strategies to Help You Create and Sustain Farmers
• Engaging the Next Generation of Farmers
• Estate Planning, Land Transition and Heir Property
• Creating a Local Food Hub With Faith-Based Organizations
• Engaging Tribal & Native American Communities
• Empowering Underserved, Minority and Military Veteran Farmers
• Improving Communications and Customer Relations
• With More Sessions Being Developed—such as initiatives to help farmers who are at risk from stress, physical challenges and other issues related to farm safety
Subscribe here for conference updates
This event is not hosted by ASAN. As one of ASAN’s roles is to share information and resources across our network so as to maximize all of our impact, we routinely post events that we ourselves are not hosting. If you have questions regarding this event, please contact event organizers rather than ASAN.