- This event has passed.
123rd Annual Tuskegee Farmers Conference
February 19, 2015 - February 20, 2015
Hosted by Tuskegee University / Tuskegee Cooperative Extension:
The Farmers Conference at Tuskegee University is often cited as the oldest event of its type in the nation. The first Farmers Conference, originally called the “Peoples Conference” was hosted on Tuskegee’s historic campus on February 23, 1892. This conference exists today as a two-day educational forum that features tours, panel discussions, interactive demonstrations and concurrent workshops.
These sessions address emerging issues surrounding small farmers, farm families and rural communities. Unique conference features and events include but are not limited to:
– Annual Meeting of the State Extension Advisory Council
– Sustainable Practices for Beginning Farmers and Ranchers Workshop
– T.M. Campbell Memorial Banquet
– Merit Farm Family Luncheon
– Youth in Agriculture Forum
– Effective Marketing Tools for Agricultural Products Workshop
– Community Health and Fitness Expo
– Updates on Affordable Healthcare Issues
More information and registration at http://www.tuskegee.edu/about_us/outreach/cooperative_extension/farmers_conference.aspx.
This event is not hosted by ASAN. As one of ASAN’s roles is to share information and resources across our network so as to maximize all of our impact, we routinely post events that we ourselves are not hosting. If you have questions regarding this event, please contact event organizers rather than ASAN.